[P1] OT: Creating PDFs, an Adobe Distiller question

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Fri Jul 25 15:28:43 PDT 2003

> When we took the project to my fiance's work and tried it on her flat
> panel iMac, it worked fine because she had the Skia font as a Printer
> Font.

Did you find out how she got her version of Skia to be a printer font
instead of a system font? I have a truetype font that is the basis of a
logo I created and I have repeated
problems getting it to embed in pdf no matter what I have tried.
Occasionally, I luck out and get it to work right. I then save and lock
that file and use it as a permanent template for all that work product.
But sometimes I need to alter it for other formats and would love to be
able to make it work properly each time. I have tried it in Photoshop,
pagemaker, acrobat (full version) and Appleworks. AW is the only format
that works every time. Thank God I can save AW in pdf format with OS X
and with print to pdf in OS 9 or I would be up a creek.