[P1] Install memory - screws

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 25 22:02:17 PDT 2003

On 7/26/03 12:56 AM, "Jim Shimozawa" <kotonk2 at mac.com> wrote (edited for
length):

> Although I had no trouble inserting an AirPort card to my new 700
> iBook, I'm having trouble adding a 512 memory stick.
> There are two screws that secure the RAM shield. I picked the smallest
> philips screw driver that I have at home. It's not making them turn.
> They don't seem to budge. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to visit my
> local Radio Shack for the right tool to remove these screws? Thank you
> all in advance.
> Jim

00 Phillips screw driver. They're rather hard to find. I've had some success
with the eye-glass screw driver from my Swiss Army knife. However, when I
went to add RAM to my new PB 12-inch, they wouldn't budge. My local
authorized Apple dealer was kind enough to undo the screws, wait while I
popped in the chip, then screw them back in, without charging me. I think
Apple should include them, kind of like Ikea does with an Allen wrench.

Further note about installing RAM on an iBook. Be very careful with the
screws. It's incredibly easy to drop them into the computer, never to be
seen again, just heard as they rattle about, threatening to short out
something.

Meg
--
PowerBook 12-inch