Quark to InDesign

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 28 21:19:58 PDT 2003

On 7/28/03 6:43 AM, "Jonathan Fletcher" <jfletch at aye.net> wrote:

>> You must try a demo of InDesign. A bit of time to readjust to it and=20
>> then you will never think of Word for layouts again.
>
> You will never think of QuarkXPress either!

One of the largest ad agencies in town called in all their art directors
last week and announced that they were switching from Quark to InDesign. The
art directors were (pick one)­­stunned, terrified, angry­­but now, a week
later, all I hear is how cool InDesign is, and how much they're finding they
can do with it, including things that used to require Quark along with some
other programs. In the past, Quark owned this market. Do you thing the
change is happening just because it took them so long to get to OSX?