[P1] Word formatting in Mac, PC

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 29 08:41:49 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:31  AM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> But I assume you can't just shoot InDesign documents to people all
> over the
> place like you can Word documents? Don't you need a graphics program
> to open
> an InDesign file?

InDesign is a page layout program like Quarkxpress and Pagemaker. You
only need InDesign to open InDesign files. Although if you want to edit
the graphics, you will need a graphics program just like Word will.

That all over the place is a problem, however. Is it for editing or
reading. If reading you could send a pdf file which would avoid all of
those Word virus problems and eliminate those formatting glitches you
see in word. In fact, sending pdf files from word to non-editing folks
might be a better idea than sending word files. You can password
protect the pdfs to prevent editing or printing.

---
10,000 trees may soon die in South Florida...

<http://www.lobatelacscale.com>