[P1] Weird wireless, router, reload problem ?!?!?

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed Jun 4 07:56:05 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 07:38 AM, Mike Beede wrote:

>> If it happens everytime the 7300 goes to the site, it sounds like the
>> 7300 is simply too slow to compete with the other traffic accessing
>> the site so it is timing out.
>
> Unless you have a really fast connection, the speed of the
> local processor is unlikely to be the bottleneck in the
> system.  There's probably some browser incompatibility.
>
> 	Mike

I have a cable modem connection through a microwave antenna to my
service, it's high speed/broadband, whatever you want to call it. So
far, every browser I've tried had the same problem with the PayPal
site, as stated in another post.
My first thought was perhaps a problem with java or javascript on my
end but all the updates are current, AFAIK, then I thought about CSS
but would not know how to find out if my setup, OS 10.2.6, is having a
problem reading it....
My point about the 7300/G3 400/256K is that it and my iBook 600/256K
have the exact same trouble with the PayPal site. My husband's PC which
is also connected through the router to the cable modem does not have
the problem. Therefore, I'm assuming it is a Mac OS problem.

Fran