[P1] It's the fan, again....

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed Jun 4 15:51:01 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 03:34 PM, Joe Jones wrote:

> I think the locale you have the iBook in is important - is it warm
> where you are?

Yes, it's warm where I am...Arizona...but not Phoenix. I'm in the area
called the high desert. It's usually 10-20 degrees cooler here. It was
probably around 75 degrees F. i the house when the fan came on. That,
to me, does not seem to be an excessively high temperature. It's now
about 77 degrees in the house and the fan has not kicked in and the
bottom of the iBook is not outrageously hot as it was earlier. If
locale is going to be a deciding factor for iBook usage I would imagine
that Apple would put a warning label on the box stating that summertime
use of this product may be intermittent and do not purchase this
product if you reside in the southwest. Yes?

Fran