Too Darn Much

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 4 20:58:09 PDT 2003

First I got the Merlin wireless card to work with my titanium. Then I
installed VPC and got XP Pro running. Then I got my USB hub working and
have my Samsung i300 hooked up for syncing, my iPaq 5450 syncing with
XP. Then I bought an Epson 2200 to do photo printing and the archival
matte is fantastic. I can print in both OS X and XP.

I had problems getting a dialup connection to work under XP.

I connected my 5450 with the Mac via its built in Bluetooth and could
transfer files but can't get the connection to work with the 5450
finding XP.

Tonight I played with my airport and without sweating my iPaq 5450
connected via the built in wifi and Explorer began downloading web
sites for me. Then I thought, why not try XP and the Airport. I found
under the preference the Virtual Switch and selected Airport. Then I
set the network to Virtual Switch under the XP settings.  And...now I
can surf in Windows XP using my airport which is connected to the phone
line even though I can't reliably, yet, connect to the phone line
directly in XP.

OK, mind boggling time. I am currently downloading my web site pages
via the Airport base station using both Windows XP Explorer and Mac OS
X Explorer...

Just thought I would mention this for those who need to work on both
Platforms...

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com