OT: Help for someone inTexarkana, TX

Mark Winter gooddogcomics at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 06:49:34 PDT 2003

Folks;

I've an acquaintance who runs a business in Texarkana, TX, who bought his daughters a new iMac for Christmas because their school uses Macs.  He's been wanting to use it for some of his graphics for work, but is having trouble because he's used to working on PC's and doesn't have as much time as he'd like to get to know the Mac. He's a very nice guy.

I'm suggesting two books:

1) Pogue's Missing Manual for Jaguar

2) Scott Kelby's Killer Tips for OS X Jaguar

He expressed interest in meeting anyone in his area who might be willing to help him out (come over or work with him on the phone), or someone or more than one someone to email about his difficulty.   He's had trouble connecting to the internet and email and everything.  I suspect it's just a lack of familiarity.

I'm throwing this out to the list because I've had such good luck with you folks.  Anyone interested, please contact me off list and I'll give you his name and email address.

Thanks.

Mark

gooddogcomics at mac.com