Diskwarrior Didn't Boot

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Jun 6 18:39:25 PDT 2003

> From: Joe Sporleder <joe at beloit-kansas.com>
>
> My new 900mhz iBook with 12" screen and combo drive, it'll boot into
> 9.2.2, cause I tried it when I got it just to see if it'd work.
> However, since MacOS X is the present and future of Mac, I've decided
> to live in MacOS X on this new machine. Does Apple actually say that
> the newer machines will not boot into Classic, or they just will not
> support it?

They actually said that by this time there would be NO machines booting
OS 9, but then they got a kick in the pants from the EDU community, and
some (ahem) feedback from the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" crowd,
and backed off somewhat.

For economic reasons, however, you can bet good money that the next
wave of product refreshes will leave OS 9 behind once and for all.
IMHO, OS 9 (and before) deserves respect for getting us this far, but
it's time to move on. There's nothing wrong with covered wagons, either
... still works as well as they ever did, helped make this country
great ... but I notice most of us have switched to cars and don't look
back much. :)

_Chas_

"The Box said 'Windows 95 or better' ... so I got a Macintosh."