[P1] OSX Security Update 2003-06-09 Warning

J Patrick Draine draine at attbi.com
Fri Jun 13 14:35:01 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 13, 2003, at 04:32  PM, Myers, Curt wrote:

> I've had no problems on my 466.  Scratch that, now I can't create a
> closed network with airport, it keeps saying I have the worng
> password.  Dunno if it has anything to do with the sec. update.

Most likely! After I rebooted this morning, when I tried to log in, it
kept telling me I had the wrong password. Boy was I ticked! Then when I
used my Jag disk to change the password, it still wouldn't let me log
in! Fortunately I used another computer to query the iMac list, where I
was told to hit enter rather than click the login button. It worked,
fortunately!

Generally speaking I've thought those who avoid updates were whiners,
but it's no fun when you're the one who "gets hit." I just might
"proceed with caution" the next time Software Updater offers me an
update.

Oh well ....