[P1] Great apps that one should not be without

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 14 06:34:53 PDT 2003

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 06:04  AM, Richard McKay wrote:

> I would like to mention that before considering apps to make your new
> iBook
> better have you considered adding an airport card?

Before considering adding an airport card you should consider whether
or not you can use it or need it.

If you don't have a network to join, you don't need it and can't use it.

Although I do use my Airport card and base station to use a dialup
connection. Oddly Windows XP seems to enjoy the airport connection
dialup more than my internal modem in the tiBook. And the built in wifi
in my iPaq can use the Airport Base Station modem.

Of course if you take your iBook into Starbucks in the US, chances are
they have a wifi setup and for $40 a month you can surf the net while
slurping caffeine at a speed upto 50 times faster than dialup. Or you
may find free bandwidth somewhere.

---
Instead of giving rich people all that money, why not give the 'tax
cut' funds to our military men and women and let them boost the economy
with their purchases?

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com