[P1] Great apps that one should not be without (using Cocktail)

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sun Jun 15 01:42:22 PDT 2003

tinman wrote the following:

> OK...I downloaded & it did indeed tell me that I had to install the BSD
> subsystem installed. So I tried the disk to reinstall, which doesn't appear
> to be an option without completely reinstalling Jag.
>
> I did not install the developer tools

you do not need to have the Dev tools installed for cocktail.

Before you consider reinstalling Jag for the BSD subsystem, consider trying
out a shareware/freeware utility that allows you to only install portions of
an apps package...I unfortunately cannot remember the name of this
interesting app but I do remember that Kim G. had pointed me in this
direction back in Dec? when I was having problems reading a post because of
missing fonts. In any case try using this before having to consider other
measures...

Anyone remember the name of this utility to open up application packages and
install only the bits one selects?

HTH,

Richard