[P1] External monitor with iBook

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Thu Jun 19 12:44:57 PDT 2003

You can hook your iBook up to a display. The iBook has a proprietary
VGA connector (the standard VGA connector is too big to mount on the
I/O bezel) so you need an adaptor cable that comes with your iBook. If
you've lost it you can buy a new one from Apple quite cheaply.

The video card can only drive at two resolutions - 800x600 and 1024x78,
and can only mirror the laptop's display (no monitor spanning without a
hack).

You can use any size display you want, just be aware that you'll be
viewing it at 1024x768, so anything bigger than 17" would probably be
overkill.

Joe