[P1] safari doesn't work anymore

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Jun 21 02:11:06 PDT 2003

Guy McMickle wrote the following:

> I tried moving my prefs file, but Safari still
> won't load ANY pages.  I checked and repaired my permissions to no
> avail as well!  Any other ideas??

Did you install the additions to Safari as a local user or as an admin user?
(i.e. are the additions available to all users or just one?) If you
installed it locally and not system wide...

Try switching to another user (or create a new user for this purpose) and
after ensuring that your internet connection functions okay in the new user
with other apps first, try Safari there. Does it run okay in the new user?

If so go back to the 'normal' user and try finding the additions pref files
as well as the safari one and delete them. Or better yet, did the additions
come with uninstallers? If so use them. Do any/all of these tips clear up
the problem?

Cheers,

Richard