Panther with mobile features? (was Lost the List)

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Mon Jun 23 14:22:42 PDT 2003

Brian Olesky wrote the following:

> Maybe everyone went out and bought those G5's we've been hearing about and
> now they're all on the G5 list.

Wondering if anyone who is watching the quicktime stream or in the States
has seen any mobile features that will make Panther 'nice' for laptops? What
about Expose? Does this allow better use of the desktop with a trackpad or
Keyboard when underway?

Glad to see that the OS will allow making pdf files that compress the
pictures now too...Fast user switching should keep the battery time and cpu
usage down and help battery life...Fax feature included...

Not sure that I like the complete shift to metal look in all the apps
though...

How long till the better chips (G4) filter down to iBook level...

Cheers,

Richard