calmshell ibook (se 466 w/firewire) won't hold the date

bofus? bofus at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 24 11:54:53 PDT 2003

hey all,

	my calmshell ibook (se 466 w/firewire) won't hold the date
(plus other pram probs) and when I brought it in to be repaired (the
modem jack is worn out too), the man there (mac911 in santa monica)
said those ibooks didn't have a pram battery, they used a capacitor
so a motherboard switch is in order. cuz of that and the modem jack
prob, he said it was more worth it to get the "flat repair rate" from
apple - $390. can anyone comment on any of this?

			on bass, watt

http://hootpage.com