[P1] a couple observations; "warp"

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Fri Jun 27 16:51:56 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 27, 2003, at 01:55 p, Paul Bernhardt wrote:

> There is no doubt that OSX is a *lot* less customizable than previous
> Mac OSes. Particularly in where you put files. I wish it were not so
> sometimes, but I suspect this is from my old habits of usage,
> expecting to put things some places, generally disorganized, etc... I
> suspect that if I thought about it some, organization the way Apple
> mandates would be close to how I'd pick it.

    Sometimes I need someone to bully me a bit, in order to get
organized. I like that OS X
seems to be pretty consistent about where it dumps files, and opens
save dialogs. I don't, however,
like that it nests my stuff three folders deep (as was demonstrated on
Monday.) I also am not
really a fan of OS X's habit of leaving other files (AppleWorks cache &
clipping files, for example)
in my Documents folder-- wouldn't that be better suited to the
AppleWorks 6 folder in
Applications? I don't like wading through files I find irrelevant:
that's why I have a home directory.

    I look forward to that directory being Macintosh HD (or, LUNA, in my
case) again.

    andy