[P1] Sherlock--Why?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Jun 29 20:45:05 PDT 2003

> I don't understand about Sherlock in X. Does it only search the Web,
> like a Google, and not search for HD files or contents? If it's a
> Google
> substitute, is it better than Google?

OS X sees a return to the days when you search for files in the Finder;
either by bringing up "Find" using Command-F (where you can also search
by content), or with the interface that's an optional part of every
Finder window.

Sherlock still does in OS X what it did in OS 9; provide a means to
find all sorts of different information (schedules, listings, pictures,
phone listings, and so on) quickly and easily.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net