[P1] Copying taped music to iTune?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 1 04:12:38 PST 2003

> 	I have some old audio tapes that were never CDs, and I'd like to save
> them
> to disk and make my own CDs.
> 	I'm guessing that if I input the tape to my iBook and turn on iTunes
> that it
> will automatically save them to disk as mp3s or whatever that format
> is.
> 	Correct? Is it more to it than that? Please elucidate...

You might find a few interesting pieces of inexpensive hardware at
<http://www.griffintechnology.com/>

<http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerwave/> is an
interesting piece of hardware ($99) that acts as an amplifier and lets
you play your sounds through old style speakers, the ones the size of a
car,

 From the page:

                • Archive records and tapes to make  MP3s or CDs
                • Record instruments or voice into your computer
                • Connect and power any set of home stereo speakers
                • Attach Apple Pro Speakers™ to any computer
                • Use as a standalone amplifier for iPod/MP3 player
                •  Zero latency monitoring for multitrack recording
                •  High quality RCA stereo inputs and outputs

---

Break the Rules! Use a Sprint PC Connection Card with a tiBook:
<http://www.powerpage.org/story.lasso?newsID=10220>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com