iBook combo drive question

david davidwb at spymac.com
Sat Mar 1 05:50:46 PST 2003

I got a Pioneer DVD-R burner to put into my desktop and it now thinks
it has a stock SuperDrive. I’ve already burned my first DVD using iDVD
and several data CDs too. Now for the iBook problem: My iBook won’t
read any of the DVDs I’ve burned. My wife’s iMac can as can my desktops
at work and the DVD players I’ve tried. The iBook is the only machine
that seems unable to read them. But! When I popped in two commercial
DVDs it could read them.

At the moment I don’t have another iBook with combo drive to test. Has
anyone had similar problems? If anyone has successfully read burned
DVDs, what media are you using?

thanks
david
Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David