[P1] ? v.92 - modem on hold ?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 11 06:23:31 PST 2003

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 09:16  AM, David wrote:

> I just joined.
> I'm buying a  recent ibook
> I have to accept incoming calls.
> DSL for the office is to $$$  - $200 /mth + set-up charges.
>
> Lots of confusion on the v.92 feature.

v92 is new to me but if you are using DSL you won't use the internal
modem but instead the Ethernet port. Your DSL modem is an external
device.

If you are trying to use v92 on a dialup and it doesn't work, change to
the script for v90 or any other script that works.

Also, I don't think the Apple Internal modems have a voice over
feature. Perhaps that is what v92 offers?

---

Simple Solutions for Simple Minds.  Jack Rodgers for President.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com