[P1] help! Dead ibook (700MHz - CDROM)

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Tue Mar 11 20:48:24 PST 2003

"target disk mode" ??  Try booting with the CD in the drive and
holding down the "C" key from before you press the power button until
you see a desktop.  If you don't know what you're doing, be careful
if that works; but you have to try exactly that.  (If it works,
basically you'll want to run Disk 1st Aid--which is on the CD--on
the harddrive.  Or buy Alsoft's Disk Warrior and try booting from
that CD and run that program.  Or both. :-) )

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Brian Hugh Warren wrote:

> Hi - I'm a newbie.
 . . .
> I get a grey apple and nothing more. I try a restart from the iBook
> software install CD, target disk mode, nothing in the optical drive,
 . . .