[P1] ibook very healthy

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 24 16:29:30 PST 2003

>> I had an iBook with a pinched backlight cable.
>> All you have to do is look at Apples iBook fourm in the Display
>> section to
>> see the problems.
>>
> And again I must point out - it is a support forum. People don't log
> onto a support forum to say they are doing fine. Of course there are
> lots of people complaining about their problems. THAT IS WHAT THE FORUM
> IS FOR!

I agree completely. Even though my 600 Dual USB 12.1 has been the most
reliable, trouble-free computer I've ever owned, all the problems people on
this list reported they were having with Jaguar, and all the posts I kept
seeing saying I had to do a clean install, and then buy Disk Warrior, and
then reinstall all my software, and then trash all those plist or something
files, etc. etc. had me so nervous I  avoided upgrading for months. Finally
a non-list-reader told me he just bought the disk, stuck it in the tray, hit
the upgrade button, and within a few minutes, he was happily working away in
10.2.

So I went out, bought the disk, stuck it in the tray, hit upgrade, and
within a few minutes, I too was happily working away in 10.2.

But the nature of lists is that happy people seldom write in to say, "Hi, my
computer's working fine today, no crashes recently, Classic's still there,
as are all the keys on my keyboard, I have no idea where the Power Manager
is and haven't ever needed it anyway, I'm not offended by Jack's sigs, and
I'm feeling really good today.

Knowledge is priceless, but sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Brian