[P1] ibook very sick

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 25 05:39:14 PST 2003

On Monday, March 24, 2003, at 11:26  PM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Sure there are owners who have had pinched backlight problems. Hard to
> say how many, but at a guess I'd put the number in the low hundreds,
> based on how many have complained about it on the Apple forum (the
> logical place for it). Might even be a few thousand. Out of the two or
> three MILLION sold of those models.

Since you stated you are guessing, your figures are useless for
anything other than a basis for your desire to argue with someone and
present yourself as an expert. Not that there is anything wrong with
that since I also love to do the same...  :)

You have no idea how many books are being returned to Apple for
service, which is excellent, and until you do, you might add the
disclaimer to your posts, "Charles Martin does not have access to the
actual repair figures on any Apple Computer."

Since all new models are in effect beta and subject to the same
reliability problem of any new product, it is to be expected that
problems will appear. What is amazing is how good Apple is at fixing
them and compared with other service providers, Apple is the best.

---

If CNN had broadcast our troop movements and plans analyzed by retired
generals during World War II, Hitler would have won.

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com