iPod event

Bill Raffensperger raffy at macsrule.com
Fri May 2 20:16:09 PDT 2003

OK, six of us are just back from the iPod event at King of Prussia
(near Philadelphia PA). We all bought a t-shirt. Ten bucks each. It's
black with a white outine drawing of the new iPod on the front, and on
the back: Live on Stage 5.2.03, and near the bottom, some small print:
The new iPod. More than 7500 songs in your pocket. The date is red.
They passed out the free posters on the way in. The new 900 MHz iBooks
are the opaque white variety, no more crystal iBooks it seems. Got to
see the 17 in G4 Powerbook. We couldn't see the backlights in the
keyboard cause the store lights were too bright. The sensors are in the
speaker grilles beside the keyboard. Cover them and the screen
automatically dims, as the keyboard lights up. They had a DJ there
playing tunes from two iPods wired into a mixer. Two big JBL speakers
on tripod poles. The place was jumping. I wore my Aladdin t-shirt with
..sit happens on the front. Got a lot of comments, especially from the
Apple Store employees.