internet speed?

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Mon May 5 08:43:27 PDT 2003

Hi,

Well, my iBook is not cooperating and I have not been unable to
recreate the whirring sound again...coming out of sleep mode. It only
happened 3 times. I'll wait and see if it happens again but for
now....I'll hope for the best, that it was the planets lined up wrong
or something.
Something new...I found an old email that had an internet speed tester
in it that came from McAfee at:
http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0150.asp
I was hooked up at the time to my 7300/G3-400 and I got readings a
little above 1MB so I checked my iBook G3/600MHz with it and never got
above 725Kb. Would this difference be attributable to the fact that the
7300's upgrade has a 1MB backside cache and the iBook has only 512K L2
?? Both have 256K RAM. Also, is there any 'simple' way to change that
in the iBook?

Thanks,
Fran