[P1] upgrade original clamshell?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Mon May 5 22:22:34 PDT 2003

on 5/6/03 12:37 AM, Jill Whenmouth at jillwhenmouth at mac.com wrote:

> Michael S. Roels wrote
>> I have one just like that running OS X. "
>
> Really???You are doing this on an original clamshell?  300mhz???
> honest to goodness, I can truly put OSX on my original300 mzh
> clamshell???!!!!!
> Wow!
> I had been under the impression that 300mhz was too slow... likewise that 3
> gigs was too small, especially if you wanted to have anything but OSX on it?
> What size harddrive do you have? and how much memory??
> Have others of you put OSX on a 300mhz clamshell?  any problems? warnings?

I have 10.2.4 running on a 300 mhz clamshell  (wonder how obsolete PC
laptops from 1999 must look today, while the clamshell still looks groovy)
.. I think the HD is beefed up to 6 GB ... And Ram is also added on .. But I
do not have the specs here ..

This is mainly an email, websurf, word doc , simple game machine .. But it
also does some iPhoto and Photoshop stuff ... Would not attempt iMovie
though ..

Great little machine !!!