[P1] display original clamshell

Kirk McElhearn kirklists at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 6 01:44:29 PDT 2003

On 5/6/03 10:21, "Johannes Hoffmann" <tscho at mac.com> wrote:

> hi,
> I have an graphite clamshell SE running OS X. I'm quite satisfied with it. The
> only issue is the display. First of all it could be more bright. When I work
> outside (especially in sunlight) it is very hard to read sometimes. And then,
> of course the resolution could be higher.
> So here my questions:
> 1) How bright are other iBook displays when working outside? Perhaps my
> display is getting "old". Anything I can do?
> 2) Is there any change to replace it with a higher resolution display? I think
> the graphic chip should be able to run 1024x768 and the size (12.1") of the
> new iBook screen could fit ....

You can't make it any brighter. It's the same with other models - I have a
14" iBook that's not really bright enough to work outside.

You can't change the display - the clamshell you have (which I had until a
few months ago) is limited to 800x600.

Kirk

      My forthcoming book: Unix for Mac OS X: Learning the Command Line
                     http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
  . . . . . . .  kirk at mcelhearn.com | http://www.mcelhearn.com  . . . . . .
  . .  Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France  . .