[P1] display original clamshell

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Tue May 6 05:28:02 PDT 2003

As others have said, it would be a helll of a hardware hack to put a
new screen on a clamshell.

If you're going to go to that sort of trouble, you might as well ensure
that all the hardware you use is going to work together - If I was
going to attempt this I'd transfer the whole lot (logic board, hd, lcd
screen etc) from a new iBook and fit it into an empty clamshell
chassis. You'd then get the benefit of all the tech advances but with
the classic retro toilet seat/clamshell shape. It would be an excellent
modification, but you'd have to sacrifice an iBook to do it, unless you
could find all the parts from somewhere.

An old 500Mhz iBook from ebay might be the ideal source machine for
this project.

Joe