[P1] internet speed?

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Tue May 6 10:00:52 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 09:20 AM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

>> moment....I'll go look for the TCP/IP settings and hook up the 7300
>> to check it's settings as well....
>
> I have a sneaky feeling that the difference in speed is due mainly to
> using OS X on one computer and OS 9 on the other. Netscape may not be
> the fastest browser...
>
> What tests are you running to determine the speed difference. One
> method is to locate a large file on Version Tracker and time how long
> it takes to download.

It's just an online site from mcAffe:
http://promos.mcafee.com/speedometer/test_0150.asp
Nothing real professional or anything. I know that Netscape isn't a
speed demon  but I thought that OS X on a 600MHz machine would run
faster than OS 9.2.2 on a 400MHz machine....It just seems like a huge
discrepancy that the iBook would be only about half as fast as my old
desktop 7300  Haven't had a chance yet to check out the TCP/IP
settings. Too many emails this morning!

Fran