[P1] internet speed?

Fran Dollinger fran at dollingers.com
Wed May 7 08:29:15 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 6, 2003, at 09:00 PM, Eric Volker wrote:

> Hmmm, on a 800Mhz Quicksilver with 900Kbps cable and Safari beta 2 I
> get 119Mbps from that site. That's *Mbps*, not Kbps. Obviously, that's
> not a very reliable site. Might I suggest:
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/stest?loc=1
>
> for more reliable numbers.
>
> Eric Volker
> ebv1 at charter.net

Went there and tested my 7300 3X and averaged 670Kbps download &
155Kbps upload.
That sounds alot more realistic than over a meg! I think the consensus
is right...McAfee's test is bogus. The iBook only got tested once
before my server refused any more tests. The results were 651Kbps
download & 86Kbps upload. Not the 1/2 speed as indicated by McAfee's
test. Yes, I do feel better now....
Thanks for providing the other site for testing!

Fran