[P1] SMC Router setup

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 13:34:13 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 7, 2003, at 01:29  PM, Joyce Ranieri wrote:

> My ISP (Road Runner) doesn't allow fixed IP addresses, so I assume I
> won't be able to connect to my home network from school. Any
> work-arounds?

Whenever you are connected you have a temporarily fixed IP number. The
problem then becomes two fold, keeping the connection and finding out
what the number is. You should be able to keep it as long as you have
some kind of activity. Finding out what the number is may be more
difficult. You could for instance email it to yourself every few
minutes or you could simply call and ask someone to look and see what
it is.

Internet Connect shows the number and Fruit Menu shows it in the Apple
Menu using OS X.

---
Why is it that the government can determine that a spam fax is worth a
$500 penalty payble by the sender to the recipient but takes no stand
on email spam?

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com