[P1] the whirring is back! was:new ibook problem...

Jeff Newman newman5608 at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 19:36:25 PDT 2003

>Apple is sending a box for my poor little iBook. Maybe after the 3rd
>return they'll do something really cool like return me an 800MHz!!
>Chances are?...Zip?
>
>One can dream! ;-)
>
>Fran

Fran,

I'm no engineer, but you said charging continues after the battery
should have been completely recharged. I hope you mentioned that
detail to Apple. Sounds like maybe they failed to reconnect a hose
properly and your radiator's overheating. Or some e-equivalent.
Overcharging's gotta generate extra heat, right?

And some people apparently do get a product upgrade for excessive
pain and suffering if they complain loudly enough. Tell them about
your snickering PC husband. Ask them how much all this overcharging
and overheating has shortened the life of your computer. They owe
you. (Or maybe I'm no engineer.)
--
Jeff Newman                                            LawProse, Inc.
The White Oak Independent                    <http://www.lawprose.org>