[P1] Mail w/o images?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 04:18:44 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 07:03  AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

>> It's my theorey that if you wait until you disconnect and then open
>> any of the
>> suspicious email, nothing gets sent to anyone and you can view the
>> spam
>> without making your presence known.
>
> True, but that is assuming that one does disconnect at some point, For
> an
> ever-increasing number of broadband users, that is not necessarily so.

Now that they have a reason for doing so, they might choose to do so.
If you use Airport, all you have to do is turn Airport Off. I can only
speak for the DSL connection I had a few years ago, and I could
disconnect/connect any time I wanted to. There is a button in Internet
Connect for disconnecting.

---
Why is it that the government can determine that a spam fax is worth a
$500 penalty payble by the sender to the recipient but takes no stand
on email spam?

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com