[P1] Mail w/o images?

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Thu May 8 04:50:51 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 8, 2003, at 07:25  AM, Joost van de Griek wrote:

> Sure, you can always disconnect... Heck, you can even yank the cable,
> in
> case you really want to be sure.
>
> But the beauty of an always-on connection is... That it's always on.

Or, something I did not mention, one can open Mail and temporarily
disable the account which will stop the sending of the spam notices
while they are being read. Even clicking on the subject line can cause
info to be sent, check out the Internet Connection window and watch.

> Turning off networking means that you cut yourself off from the network
> completely, including any shared resources you may have set up.

My powerbook is a standalone so I don't have to worry about that.

---
Why is it that the government can determine that a spam fax is worth a
$500 penalty payble by the sender to the recipient but takes no stand
on email spam?

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com