[P1] Battery Alert

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Fri May 9 09:11:26 PDT 2003

> When my "low battery" alert window popped up the other day, I hit the
> little red close button without thinking. Now it's gone and I can't
> figure out how to get it back. Since I rarely pay attention to the
> battery status indicator in the menu bar, my iBook has gone suddenly
> to sleep on me several times. There's nothing in the Energy Saver
> preferences and I can't find any information on it in Apple Help.

Now that you mention it, I've seen quite a few reports (mostly on
TidBITS Talk, I think) of the "low battery" dialog box warning
disappearing after upgrading to 10.2.5; it's happened to me, as well
(though I still get an audible alert sound when the battery gets that
low). I'm not sure there's a way to activate that feature.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net