[P1] OT: .Mac membership

Andrew Nye andrew at nye.tc
Fri May 9 12:44:58 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 08:17  pm, Mark Winter wrote:

> Folks;
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts about the .Mac membership and it's
> value?  I jumped on for the $50 special deal, but wonder if the
> renewal, which the guy at .Mac said would be the $99 price, is still a
> good value for all you get.  There are many things on the boards
> between now and October, so I want to consider as much as is > necessary.

I am fortunate in that I don't, at the moment, have to worry too much
about the cost; I think those that do would need a more thoughtful
reply than this. I too bought at the bargain price after using the free
service for some months.
I shall renew my membership for an easy, reliable service. I like the
webmail interface and the way it works, though I don't use it that
often.
I like the easy posting of photos from iPhoto to the web and to Mail.
I have bought email accounts for a couple of members of my family and I
like advertising the Mac in my email address (when it suits me:) )
It doesn't do Apple any harm to support this service.

I am aware that I could get all these things more cheaply elsewhere,
but it suits me to use it and I shall cough up for renewal.

Andrew