[P1] OT: .Mac membership

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Tue May 13 23:24:20 PDT 2003

I have been wondering about that too, since Sept/Okt is coming sooner than
one thinks ..

I made the bitter experience that being on a crappy 56K connection, I can
hardly use my iDisc ... Problem also is that I filled it up and have now
trouble re-arranging everything on it ... So for that alone I kinda HAVE to
keep my membership ...

I like my mac.com email address, even though it is getting overspammed now,
and there is just no way to get all those ads for penis enlargement kits
filtered out just by key words in the subject line .. (using entourage, not
mail.app)

I actually NEVER use webmail ... The few times I used it it felt very slow,
even on better connections ... Using mail2web.com proved to be more
efficient.

And I do not use any of the other features ...

So, but it looks like I will still shell out the 99$ .. Unless they finally
come up with some way that you can have a mail-only .mac-light

Cheers