[P1] Not the fan again!

david davidwb at spymac.com
Thu May 15 18:35:51 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 09:07  PM, Fran Dollinger wrote:

> Jack Rodgers wrote:

>>> Fran
>>

>> All this trouble just to see the delivery guy again...
>>
>> How many return repairs are required before they replace it for you
>> with a new iBook?
>>
> Today on the phone I asked about that......"Well", he said, "I'm sure
> that they have other options in case these same problems continue".
> So, I'm assuming that "option' being the operative word there, that at
> that point they will exchange or something....I did let him know how
> unhappy(read: down right pissed off) I was about the whole situation.
> The Saga Continues!

 From what I've seen with clients and work the magic numbers seem to be
3 or 4. If the repairs happen in quick succession or they are for the
same problem then almost certainly 3 repairs. If there is a goodly
amount of time passage between repairs then it seems to go up to 4 or
even 5. The only time I've seen a replacement given with fewer than 3
repairs is when it was a newly released model.

david

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David