[P1] mac spotting was RE: NY Times article

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 16 08:33:14 PDT 2003

On 5/16/03 3:52 AM, "Jack Rodgers" <jackrodgers at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> By the way, I just went to see the Christopher Guest film "Mighty
>> Wind" and it featured both a beautiful Flat Panel iMac and a
>> PowerBook...I assume TiBook and not the latest. Both of these beauties
>> were quite prominently featured.
>> It still gives me a thrill to see them up there on the big screen :)
>
> What would we do without paid product placements ads in movies...

Some of these possibly are paid product placements, but it's been my
experience that directors like to feature attractive notebook computers in
certain kinds of scenes, and since so many people in the film community tote
around Mac notebooks, they're readily available on most sets, and they just
look a little sexier than your average PC clunker. My old Wall Street and
more recent iBook have been used as "set dressing" in a whole bunch of
videos and TV commercials.

Brian