Is this (weird) wi-fi / iBook setup doable ?

Peter Nacken caipirina at mac.com
Thu May 15 13:45:38 PDT 2003

Hello People ..

I am thinking very hard about getting ISDN here in Fiji, which is considered
"high speed" and "businesses only" .. And thus with about 250 US$ a month
very expensive (but restricted to 500 MB upload/download ! that is 17 MB a
day . Wooo hoo)

Anyways .. From what I hear, the telecom here offers only one ISDN modem (to
import any other would be against existing laws), and this one has only USB
connectivity ... So .. I cannot plug it into the airport station ....

So, it means one of my iBooks will become "grounded" ... Hooked up to the
ISDN modem ... I also know that this then becomes an airport station ... BUT
.. Is it possible to connect an airport station to this iBook via ethernet
... Sharing the internet signal to the airport station, which then emits it
to other ibooks in the house ?

Reason is that the grounded iBook would be in a location where it is nicely
shielded by concrete walls .. I would try to bring in the AP station into
this setup a) because I have it anyway b) reaching more spots in the house

Anyone tried that ?