Oddities

Pat D. Stephens patdart at cox-internet.com
Mon May 19 16:35:56 PDT 2003

I just downloaded and installed several new updates which software
updater recommended and there were hitches.  It was the first time I'd
had a chance in a couple of months to do this.  When it finished, I got
a message that there had been a problem with one of the updates so I
just told it to quit.  Then it said it had to restart so I told it
okay.  And it didn't shut down...I just got the whirling ball for about
10 minutes at which point I did a soft reboot.  Now, my airport signal
isn't showing at the top altho' I'm using it, but I can't get the
signal strength reading without it.  Can anybody tell me how to get it
back up?

For what it's worth, I updated Safari, OSX, Quicktime and iTunes.

Pat