[P1] memory question

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Tue May 20 17:27:00 PDT 2003

>> Also, what benefit is there of purchasing the Apple Protection at the
>> same
>> time as the computer, rather than perhaps forgetting to do so in the
>> future?

I have yet to purchase applecare for any of my iBooks but am probably living
on the edge! Certainly, your battery will need to be replaced sometime in
the 3 year coverage period and is covered so applecare for a laptop is a
bargain. As far as purchasing it immediately goes, as previously mentioned -
your telephone support ends after just 90 days. While reading one of my
favorite mac newsites (macintouch.com) today was a response from a well
regarded service provider to another service issue. This was his "bottom
Line quote"

> The other suggestion to make for anyone considering the purchase of a  refurb,
> BUY APPLECARE! The reality of the extra care delivered to those who pay for
> it is apparent, though not official.

Good luck
Dan