[P1] [P1][OT] Apple MusicStore 'opinion article'

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 21:52:33 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 10:15  PM, Larry Kollar wrote:

>> Why are people so obsessed with the income of musicians and their
>> rights and yet care so little about the Chinese slave laborer who
>> makes their Nikes? Anyone ever expressed any concern about the rights
>> of the seamstress to the shirt we wear?
>
> Maybe because the musician can communicate directly with the fans?
>

> YADATROT, many of the chips and other components inside our iBooks are
> very likely built in Asian factories, where the workers are exposed to
> various toxins and hazards; I doubt their take-home pay is much better
> than their compatriots at Nike.

Maybe it just easier to follow an establish crowd of believers rather
than deal with real problems...

---

If you have a Florida Driver's License, Florida will sell your private
information, including Social Security Number. To block this sale,
visit:
<http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/DPPAInfo.html>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com