Plastic mobo clip for keyboard ribbon

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Mon May 26 04:48:10 PDT 2003

I got brave about a month ago and upgraded the hard drive in my 500 MHz iBook (40 gigs are awfully nice!).  While taking the keyboard off, however, I busted one "claw" off of the little plastic piece that holds the keyboard's ribbon onto the motherboard.  Been using the iBook hooked to an external monitor with an external keyboard, but needless to say I'd like to stop treating my iBook like an iMac.  ;^)

Anybody know where I could order a part like this?  Alternately, any suggestions on where I could take it for repair that wouldn't charge an arm and a leg for this extremely easy to install piece?  Fwiw, I'm not near an Apple store.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ruffin Bailey