Plastic mobo clip for keyboard ribbon

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Tue May 27 02:59:15 PDT 2003

> Anybody know where I could order a part like this?  Alternately, any
> suggestions on where I could take it for repair that wouldn't charge
> an arm and a leg for this extremely easy to install piece?  Fwiw, I'm
> not near an Apple store.

If it is the ribbon cable that connects the keyboard to the
motherboard, it is a customer installable part from apple. If you have
Applecare, call them, if not call tech support. It probably won't be
covered under warranty but having applecare order it for you will be
less hassle that going thru tech support usually. Other wise, you can
get smalldog.com to order it for you. the cost is apx $150-175 for the
part.