[P1] Sleep or Shutdown?

Joe Jones joham at jo-ham.com
Wed May 28 07:49:02 PDT 2003

I do the same thing. My current uptime is around 64 days (the terminal
informs me it is in fact, 64 days, 16 hours 53 mins, but I lost 6 hours
when I changed the clock to Central Time from GMT.

I leave it asleep all the time, only ever rebooting for system upgrades
or other problems. I even had it asleep through all the airport
inspections, although it did surprise one of the security folks when it
woke up so quickly. He said he was a Windows user and his laptop takes
a couple of minutes to wake up from "hibernation" or whatever it's
called on the Dark Side.

Joe