[P1] OT limiting dl speeds

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 11:28:32 PDT 2003

>> my mother has just been connected to sort of broadband service here
>> in Sofia, Bulgaria (we call it here LAN net - a local ISP pulls an
>> ethernet cable to your home/office and connects you to internet via
>> you ps's lan card). I have to limit her download speeds to 3 k/sek in
>> accordance with her connection plan.

Of course we first have to agree on what 3 k/sec means but this does
not sound like Ethernet which is more like 10,000 K. I think regular
dialup is 56K, in the US.

Perhaps you should recheck your figures and report back.

K of course can mean different things in different countries, I guess.
I ran across a similar problem where M used by contractors to stand for
1000 instead of 1,000,000 as others might use it. Rather embarresed
when I asked why we should take out a $50,000,000 insurance policy on a
$50,000 job...

---

If you have a Florida Driver's License, Florida will sell your private
information, including Social Security Number. To block this sale,
visit:
<http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/DPPAInfo.html>
JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com