[P1] Battery life issues

Richard McKay richard.mckay1 at virgin.net
Sat Nov 1 17:58:21 PST 2003

Charles Pearce wrote the following:

> I know this path has been trod before on this list, but at the time, I
> was paying little attention because it didn't affect me....until now.

Ditto here :(

> I was regularly getting 2 or 3 hours of battery life until I updated to
> 10.2.8 and then it went down to about 15 minutes. It hasn't come back
> with the upgrade to Panther either. Needless to say, an iBook that has
> to be plugged in all the time is pretty much useless as a portable
> device.
>
> Can this list repeat some of the tricks that have been posted to redeem
> battery life? BTW - it's a 700Mhz, 12-inch screen, dual USB and
> firewire.

Scary that...I have the same problem. Same model but I am using the 10.2.8
second update (wasn't quick enough for the first!). I know that it must be
an update issue as it happens with both of my batteries...only one was being
used the majority of the time...I will be doing clean install of 10.3 this
coming week and will let you know if that has helped...

Cheers,

Richard