[P1] Panther on 366 iBook SE

Guy McMickle fieroguy2m6 at fuse.net
Sun Nov 2 16:09:00 PST 2003

I'll second that comment!  I purchased Panther through a student
discount paying "only" $69.99.  I was pretty unhappy when I went to my
local Apple store on release night only to be told my student discount
was not available.  I promptly put the box back and left.  No way I was
gonna spend $60 more just to have it the first day.  Anyway, I am
running Panther on my "old" 500Mhz "icebook" and am quite happy with it
so far.  I know my iBook is a little faster than the 366Mhz model, it's
probably not THAT much faster.  I have 640MB of RAM which probably
helps.  The Finder is MUCH snappier, even on my old machine.  I also
like Expose and the new Mail.app features.  I'd say go for it!  Quite a
bit better than Jaguar!